(c) Cat Charissage, 2017
Hello dear friend,
Happy first Full Moon of this new year! Has the beginning of 2017 prompted you to ask yourself how life is going and how you want to be living in the next while? (Otherwise known as making resolutions!)
Consider these areas of life:
*Interactions with others, or my work in the world;
*My relationships and my family;
*My physical and material needs;
*My relationship with Sacred Wisdom and my inner self.
Consider these questions:
- What brings well-being, contentment, happiness for me?
- What’s going right in these areas? What am I grateful for, appreciative of?
- Truly, what do I already have? And truly, who am I already?
- When, and how, do I feel most at home in my body, my spirit, my self?
- What allows me to be most compassionate? What improves my mood?
- Am I overgiving? Overdoing? Do I need to do LESS in order to live more fully and more deeply?
- Are there any new habits I want to develop in these areas?
- How do I choose to direct my life force in these areas of life?
These are the questions (some of them my own, some I’ve written in response to inspiration from others) that I offered at the Dec. 30 session: Your Tree of Life 2017. Along with a guided visualization and Red Thread Circle, the 7 of us painted our trees with our answers to these questions imaged in some way:
ROOTS: What things or ideas (accomplishments/attitudes) from last year do I want to fertilize my coming year?
TRUNK: What is my theme word, prayer, or mantra that I want to keep front and center this year?
LEAVES: What do I hope to bring forth? Something new? More of the same?
For me, it’s not nearly so much about what I want to accomplish as HOW I want to be living, with a sense of spaciousness, listening, and be-ing — with time for art-ing, too! Open to mystery, unfolding.
P.S. If you wish you’d been there, you can book a private session to do this workshop (or many others) in person or through video call with me. Work with me individually.
COMING STUDIO EVENTS (RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Join me for a RED THREAD CIRCLE on the second Friday afternoons of the month at 1:30 p.m. starting February 10. Also Friday, March 10; and Friday, April 14. We will have a discussion and simple arting on one question/prompt I will offer, in the context of a Red Thread Circle. By donation.
The LAST SATURDAY of each month is OPEN STUDIO. Join me in my studio from 1:30 to 4:30 for simple arting and great companionship. Bring something you’re working on, or learn a new technique. Next Open Studio: January 28. By donation.